Guest Post Guidelines
Want to contribute an article to the biggest Anime Tourism website?
With more than 110,000 views per month, Mipon is the most popular Anime Tourism website.
Before you submit a guest post on Mipon, read these guidelines to ensure that your post gets approved.
Who should pitch to Mipon?
Anyone that is 21 years older who wants to write about Anime and Manga.
You are not required to disclose your identity to write for Mipon.
We support the use of pseudonyms, as we understand that you may be concerned about privacy. Also, only Alfred has access to Mipon’s inbox, so if you want to use a pseudonym when we publish your article, your identity will not be disclosed to anyone else without your express permission.
Do I need to be good at writing?
No. We’re more than happy to work with experienced, new or aspiring writers. It’s totally fine if this will be your first Anime or Manga article.
Just keep in mind that Mipon is free to tweak any article as we want, to make it more appealing to our audience.
Does English need to my first language to pitch?
The article needs to be in English but that doesn’t mean it needs to be your first language. Keep in mind that we might correct the typos and grammatical errors.
Btw, if Spanish if your first language you can also pitch to us in Spanish.
Am I free to write about whatever I want?
We have a preference for Anime Tourism content (Anime Pilgrimage, etc) but if you have an idea of a different kind of content we would like to hear it.
Pitch us ideas that are not covered yet by Mipon. For example, we would like to have articles for Shirobako, Durarara’s pilgrimage, Pikachu’s parade, etc.
Btw, we don’t accept reviews of anime episodes.
How long should each article be?
We have a slight preference for articles of a minimum of 1,500 words. But, short are also fine as long as you cover the topic in detail. Incomplete details are like anime without a second season; no one loves an anime that doesn’t have a second season.
Quality and the amount of details that you can provide is one of the major considerations in accepting guest posts.
And remember, no fluff, no wandering around. Straight and to the point.
What are the advantages of publishing an article on Mipon?
Your article will be posted on the most popular Anime Tourism website. With less than a year being live and next to zero promotion on social media, Mipon has managed more than 60,000 views per month on a consistent basis.
This will guarantee that thousands of people will read your content. You will get exposure and build your personal brand.
We allow genuine contribution and don’t allow any backlinks or anything of that sort. But you will get a chance to build a brand for yourself by contributing a post to Mipon.
We offer you two links to any of your social media at the middle or bottom of the article.
Note: We’re not paying at the moment for publishing on Mipon. But, we might do it in the future. If you would like to sell your article, tell us and we can reach a deal.
Can I get a backlink or promote my website/business on Mipon?
Yes, you can advertise with us. For more details, check out this page.
Mipon requires that any site linked to:
- Not sell or link to any sites selling illegal or bootlegged content
- Possess a warning page before any adult material
- Not related to gambling
What writing style should I use?
These are our simple guidelines:
- Straight and to the point. In other words, cut to the chase, no sugarcoating, no wandering around.
- Details, details, and details
- Like you’re talking to a friend at the pub
- First-person writing
- No more than 3 sentences in a paragraph
- Images speak a thousand words. Add images to convey your message, but don’t add them just for the sake of it.
- Details, details, and details
Keep in mind:
- By submitting a post to Mipon, you give us copyright ownership of the post. This helps us to deal with any DMCA related issues.
- We’re free to tweak the article to make it more appealing to our audience. Don’t worry, we’ll keep the essence of your article.
- No Affiliate and Referral Links.
- Any kind of copied content will not be accepted. You need to own the content.
- You’re not allowed to publish the article on any other website. We want to avoid being penalized by Google by creating duplicate content. It’s not us, it’s Google.
- Mipon respects individual work and if your idea is derivative of someone else’s work, feel free to give them credit. The same goes for images that you use in your post. Please give credit where credit is needed.
- Try to confirm all the information. If you’re not sure about something is okay to say it, but don’t forget to mention it.
- The words “porn” “hentai” are banned. Or anything related to gambling.
- You can link out as long as those links are benefiting the readers.
CAUTION: Don’t copy someone else’s content, images or translation content without the original author’s approval. If we find out or we receive a claim, we will expose you to our community. We will also tell what you did to all our partners, affiliates and any other website that we have a good relationship with. Mipon’s reputation was built through many efforts and we don’t want to compromise it. Be mindful of this, we won’t hold back about the consequences of this.
What’s the process?
Okay, I agree to the guidelines and would like my article to be posted on Mipon, What’s the next step?
- Send us a short email (hello [at] mipon.org) explaining what kind of topic you will like to cover. It can be as simple as “Hey Alfred, I’m a big fan of Pokémon and I would like to write an article for everything that you need about the Pikachu’s parade in Yokohama, would you like that kind of content?”
- We will reply to you in less than 72 hours telling whether we think that your idea will fit Mipon’s content.
- Send us a draft of your article as a Google Doc or pdf. Don’t forget to add the images.
- Together we’ll polish the draft
- Publish & promote the article
I would like to contribute but I probably don’t have enough time to write a detailed article, what else can I do?
If you are worried or don’t know where to start, check out our How To Contribute page.